Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Sathletes...

The more we learn, the more we realise there is to learn.
The more we know, the more we realise we don't know.

The more we train, the more we think we'll gain. 

I read. A lot. Maybe too much at times. I like to read in areas well beyond my interests, passion and expertise. It's one simple way of keeping me rounded and grounded.

I read books, articles, blogs and links via social networking sites - including Facebook and Twitter.
I even read my emails. And instruction booklets.


A while back, athletic development whiz Vern Gambetta (www.gambetta.com/‎)   introduced me to the wit and wisdom of philosophy and marketing king, Seth Godin (www.sethgodin.com/‎).



Seth writes good stuff. (As does Vern.)
Much of it, especially the principle/s behind his message, is applicable to us in our roles as coaches, athletes and runners. Like good training sessions it takes a little creativity -  moulding and shaping.

Watch for Sathlete stuff...gear from Seth for athletes, and you.

Be wary though...the athlete that sat too much became grounded, and more rounded!


No comments:

Post a Comment